A position of “mass spectrometry specialist”, at the level of Postdoctoral Scientist or Engineer, is opened for 3 years in the context of the development of the new bioprofiling platform using large-scale (meta)proteomics data (http://www.bioprofiling.eu)
This role will be central in the development of the new inter-university MS-Quanta platform emanating from a cooperation agreement between the university of Mons, the “Université Libre de Bruxelles” and the University of Liège .
Associated to the Université Libre de Bruxelles, the researcher will work within the platform located at the university of Mons in the proteomic and microbiology department (6 avenue du Champ de Mars – 7000 Mons).
These include but are not limited to;
- Working within a team that carries out research on quantitative proteomics using label free approaches such as SWATH and MRM.
- Carrying out the processing, analysis and integration of multiple omics data.
- Using existing, and developing and maintaining pipelines for the analysis of (meta)proteomic data.
KEY EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
The post holder should embody and demonstrate our core values: bold, imaginative, open, dynamic and collegial, in addition to the following.
- PhD or engineer in chemistry, or biology
- A strong background in mass spectrometry analysis
- Experience in MS based proteomic approach
- Ability to design and maintain analysis pipelines
- Excellent record keeping and ability to communicate well in English are also essential
- Experience in bioinformatics analysis will be a plus